2007 ES350 - Oil Change Interval

Are you saying that to keep the warranty in effect, you must have the dealer perform the scheduled maintenance?

That's simply not true.

Where did you get that idea, anyway?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

To keep the warranty in effect you have to have all these little things done. The dealer does them. Earl the Oiler does not. Simple as that. Earl the Oiler does not know anything about the car other than where to put the oil. If something is going wrong, and with the Lexus it is, you have to make a separate trip to the stealership. They take enough of your time that it is cheaper to give them their $140 and get the whole mess taken care of at one time. I realllllllllly don't like it, especialy as they tell me the banging screeching brakes, rough shifting, etc are all just normal for a Lexus. At least the dratted thing won't break down and leave me stranded - of course if it does there is no way to communicate with anybody unless my cell phone is working. Hmmm ... gotta go by Sears and see if they have die hard cell phone batteries ...

Reply to
mcbrue