314k on 92 lexus??

for 1,300 is that a good deal??? thanks they said the miles were only because back and forth to work....

Reply to
BritneyDeniceStewart

Miles are miles, whether it is back and forth to work or back and forth to the chalet.

The value will vary depending on the geographic market, condition of the vehicle, accessories, and model.

You can research the value at on line sources like Edmunds.com, kbb.com, etc.

Reply to
Ray O

Depends on a lot more than just miles

Reply to
NYLexSC

I have 395k on my 92 ES300. I wouldn't sell it for under $2k. But I would sell it.

Reply to
Cloud Burst

Well you should also find out if the driver was a little old grandmother going back and forth to her cookie store or she was a Don Johnson type fed going off to chase the bad guys with his own car. And maybe it wasn't really work, but just church that the little old grandmother was going back and forth to. Is this a Lexus dealer selling it? Is it a certified used car? How many times has it been crashed? Does the motor burn oil as it sits there and gets a cold start? Is the exhaust pipe all filled with oil around the exit? There are books that tell you how to evaluate used cars. And this one is truly used. It might be OK, but 314K is probably near a record for milage for this brand, so there will only be limited numbers of others out there like this. And would you buy a Mercedes S klass with 314 miles on it? Would you buy a Mercedes diesel with 314K miles? And so on and on and on ....

Reply to
mcbrue

I wouldn't buy a Mercedes anything these days with even 0 mils on it. But thats besides the point.

Anywho, 314k is not even half of what the record may be for a Lexus vehicle. I have personally seen gauge pods of SC300/400's that have topped 600k. But that's not to say that 314k isn't a LOT of miles, because it is. If it's not Lexus certefied, have the seller take it to get inspected by your local Lexus dealer. That is your best bet right now.

Reply to
NYLexSC

A Lexus what? On a '92 ES300 in average condition that would be a little high, on a good condition LS400 is might be a good price.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

No way this car is certified...too old and too many miles.

David

Reply to
David