ATTN: Anyone with an Sirius FM direct connection....

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read this posting. I recently hooked up a direct to FM radio connection with my Sirius Stilletto 100 radio. I used the Sirius FM Direct Adaptor

98401&catParentIDx72&scIdx72&oldParentIDx72ever Ever since I connected this, my normal radio stations seem to not come in as strong. They fade out when I am under cover or shielded from the sky. These are not my satellite stations, these are my local fm radio stations. I spoke with a satellite radio installer and he said that the Sirius FM Direct Connector does seem to pass through very good radio signals when the Sirius radio receiver is on. He advised me to turn off my stilletto when listneing to normal raido. This seems to work, but defats the purpose. I have a 2006 Lexus GX 470 with the Mark Levinson Stereo system.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience? I find hard to beleive that the Stilletto has to be powered down in order to get consistent terrestrial radio. Thanks in Advance!!! Regards,

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

The Adapter acts as a passive amplifier when the sirius radio is on. I have experienced this.

Reply to
Ben

Ben,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Passive Amplifier." Can you please expla>

Reply to
Steve B.

98401&catParentIDx72&scIdx72&oldParentIDx72ever>

There are several devices that could be useful....

Depending on whether you have nav or not... they integrate your system into the vehicle's network.

has some.Google 'lockpick' for some more. Also,
seems to cover Sirius devices well. The merger (XM & Sirius) is to be completed by year's end.

Reply to
satmech