battery life for es350 key?

Any idea how long the battery in the remote key lasts?

Are there any warning signs when it's starting to lose power?

Reply to
googlemail2003

The battery in my key lasted about 3 years. Range starts to decrease as the battery is used up.

Reply to
Ray O

Did you have a keyless ignition? The ES 350 does not use a key at all. The doors, trunk and ignition all work without an actual "key" so the battery is in use much more than with the older models which used the battery for locking and unlocking the doors and trunk.

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
googlemail2003

My ES battery is three years old and has not been changed yet. It is still working fine.

Reply to
Ice

RTFM. The remote hides a small key that you can use to unlock the doors. Even when the remote battery is discharged, you can still start the engine by touching a side of remote with the start switch.

Reply to
-

Yes I did RTFM. I'd still like to have some idea of how long the batteries last if possible. Waiting until the battery goes dead just doesn't sound like the best approach IMHO.

- wrote:

Reply to
googlemail2003

Reply to
W. Wells

Have had the replacement battery on my GS key run out in less than a year. Depends on the battery quality and amount of usage, i presume

Reply to
Totaltully

Reply to
W. Wells