Brakes

2000 GS400; The brakes start pulsating like I'm on washboards (highway only). Probably need new brakes, but has anyone else run into this problem?
Reply to
Bob

Sounds like the rotors are warped. Have someone check the runout with a dial indicator & machine/replace.

Reply to
qslim

yup, warped rotors, just had them replaced on a 2004 RX 330 w/19,000 miles

Reply to
The Mailman

Had them warp on a 93 ES300 and on a 2000 ES300, both at less than 20,000. There is a service bulletin on the 02 and 03 ES300 for rotor warping. From your posts regarding the other models, Lexus obviously has a general problem on all models with the rotors. And they do not recognize it either. In 94 they ground down the rotors. This year, the did the back brakes free and I had to pay for the front brakes. LEXUS HAS DROPPED WAYYYY DOWN FROM WHAT THEY CLAIM TO BE!!!!!!

Reply to
MCBRUE