Cheapest price on a nav DVD upgrade for a 01 LS430 ?

Hi,

I picked up a 01 LS with nav and the system has the 2000 DVD in it. Cheapest I have found a upgrade is for $250 (05, for this car, I guess it's called a GEN3). Is there a cheaper place to by them or can I download a iso DVD for the system and just put it in myself ? If I can download it, can someone point me in the right direction ? If it can be found cheaper, a link would be nice.

thank you

Reply to
Someone

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:41:48 -0400, "Someone" graced this newsgroup with:

the format is proprietary. You probably won't find anywhere to download it. Best bet is to look on ebay and see if a newer (yet not the newest version) is for sale.

I have the 02 LS, which I believe is the same generation. I'm going to buy the latest version from my dealer and if you're interested in buying last years disk from me, ping me off list at:

wideglide01 at verizon dot net

Reply to
kegler

I have seen the 5.1 version (which works on Gen 2/3) going for about $220 plus shipping on eBay.

That is better than the $288 from the dealer.

I am not sure about making a copy, haven't tried.

Reply to
Curtis Newton

Ouch, still pricey when you can see a DVD is about $0.75 to buy a blank one and even DVD movies are about $20-25. I'm a computer guy and to be honest with you, I have not met a CD or DVD I have not been able to copy, I'd be interested just to see if it's possable.

Just don't want to pull the old disc out of the car, just cause it's working fine now.

Let me know if anyone finds a new disc for cheaper,

Thanks again !

Reply to
Someone

Of course copying the copyrighted DVD would be illegal.

But I guess you won't let that bother you.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:55:01 GMT, "Travis Jordan" graced this newsgroup with:

if there's an effective way to do it, I would myself. Because I already had a DVD drive have a head crash and took out my disk. Then I would keep the master and use a copy as the working copy.

Reply to
kegler

Reply to
burt

Sure, So does someone have a iso or cue bin of a new disc for the GEN3 ?

Reply to
Someone