Lexus ES300 back window wont roll up?

It is a 1997 Lexus ES300 and all window were working fine. Now all of them rolled up, except for the passenger side back window. It wont even budge. We checked all fuses and everything seems ok. Can anyone help me?

Monical22

Reply to
monical22

First check the window lock on the driver's door master switch to make sure it is not on.

Reply to
Ray O

If the window will go down you know that the motor works. Can you operate it from either the driver's door switch or the switch on on the rear passenger's door? If the window won't operate from any location suspect the window motor.

Reply to
Randy Taylor

Reply to
monical22 via CarKB.com

Reply to
monical22 via CarKB.com

I had a similar problem with my '99 Avalon, only it's the rear, passenger side window. Before bringing it to the dealer I asked a friend to diagnose it first. He supplied external power and it worked, there were no visible wiring problems, but still won't work the normal way.

Dealer said it needed new regulator, but on this model the regulator and the motor came as a single assembly and the whole thing was to cost $500. Declined the repair and looked for an independent shop to do it much cheaper. Never got it done.

Couple of days ago, the darn window started working again. So I guess, there was a loose contact somewhere, or gunk accumulated in the switch assembly, as that window isn't used much. But if that was the case, it's funny that both driver and passengle switches failed at the same time.

Reply to
ixat

I appreciate your help. My boyfriend decided to take apart the door panel this afternoon and just made sure all the connections were "connected". they werent...after he did this, it works just fine. Not haveing to spend $500 is great!

thanks aga>>It is a 1997 Lexus ES300 and all window were working fine. Now all of them

Reply to
monical22 via CarKB.com