ES350 engine - don't touch me!

I recently had the opportunity to attend the introduction of ES 350 in one of the local Lexus dealer. One of the interesting thing about the new Lexus engines (perhaps applicable to all of the new Lexus car, and even on other new prestigious cars), is that they seem to "shout": don't touch me! Notice that almost 100% of the engine is sealed. I don't see much part of the engine in which you can tamper or "play" with. It is just a simple, clean "black" box. The only thing that you can access is the place where to pour in the windshield wiper liquid. Is this really the intention of the automobile makers nowadays? They practically say that you do not need to open your car hood, just let their technicians handle it. I assume that this also happens to other brand new cars in the market?

Reply to
aniramca

I have not taken a good look at the engine in the ES 350, but in the photo on this page

9687#19 shows an obvious oil filler cap and crankcase dipstick.

What do you want to tamper or play with?

Reply to
Ray O