Add master key to RX330

I am trying to get my 04 RX330 to learn a new master key. I have one working master and the new key is already cut. I have tried various permutations of advice found online, but none of it seems to work. Specifically, I insert my working master, turn the cylinder from off-on

5 times and leave the key in on. Then I open and close driver door 6x, then I take out old master, put in new key and turn to on. Watching the blinking light, it never seems to do anything other than blink. What I expected was that it would go out, and then I open and close the driver door to finish the programming cycle.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Thanks

Reply to
Yazzi

Sounds like the Hokey-Pokey

wrote:

Reply to
Rob

Should work well.

Yazzi wrote:

Reply to
lexuspartsdept

Thanks for your reply. I tried this and I still got no dice. When I go through the procedure, I get the impression that the security light (the one just below the nav) should stay illuminated steady and then go out when it is done. Instead, when I stick the new key in, it just stays blinking as if the key is unrecognized. I've definately waited long enough. It seems that I do not have the car in programming mode, but I cannot understand why. I am wondering if maybe something is wrong with the new key. When I press the buttons the LED illuminates, so I am pretty sure the battery is fine. Per the instructions, I interpret the "within n seconds" to mean that this step should be completed within n seconds of the previous step. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Reply to
Yazzi

Reply to