Feedback Requested - 2000 RX300 warranty information

Hello everyone:

Model: 2000 RX 300 4 X 2 (mileage: 38000)

I have one month left on the factory warranty (4 years) on my 2000 RX

300. With factory warranty expiring soon, are there any components that I need to pay close attention to, so they can be changed or corrected ?

So far, our dealer has changed cosmetic things like

- sun visors (as the original ones had become lose and would keep falling during a bumpy ride)

- cup holder (this is a bad design, as I am sure all of you have experienced)

Any other things, I should watch out for or get checked ?

Thanks for your help

-- Rick

Reply to
techtrainer

I would check to see if the power steering pump (passenger side, lower back part of the engine) isn't leaking. Those tend to leak. Crawl underneath to check for anything that seems suspicious.

Reply to
Roger

We had a RX 300, but I traded for a Pilot because the Lexus cost me 4 times as much as the maintenance on my 01 Prelude. From what my dealer told me in terms of maintenance I could expect was to chnge the timing belt and water pump at 75k plus normal maintenance-- $1,800 - $2,000. I got tired of being fleeced. BTW -- if your key breaks, thats $211.00 not including programming and it's not covered by warranty. Oil changes on the Pilot are done while I wait and only cost about $23.00 (at 7500 miles which Honda insisted was the proper mileage) versus around $150 at 5k and 10k for the Lexus. And you have to leave it for full day with an appointment. .

Reply to
twaugh5

An oil change at Jiffy Lube is the same price for all cars (except maybe a large SUV that takes an extra quart of oil)! Also, I suspect that the Lexus dealer was doing more than just an oil change, especially at the first couple of services.

Gus (99 RX300)

Reply to
Gus

Hard to say what they did. I even had to leave it for day at the first 1000 miles for them to check it out. Did not cost me, but was inconvenience.

Reply to
twaugh5