GPS Update

Is there a way to update the factory GPS without taking the vehicle back to the dealer? We have a 2005 model with factory GPS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ron Wicker.......

Reply to
Ron Wicker

I assume you want to update the maps - the GPS is build in and not repalceable, unless it's broken. The maps and new firmware are distributed on a DVD and you can install the hew one yourself. The specifics depend on your model.

Reply to
Colin

Hi Colin, The DVD's are rather pricey from the Dealers. Do you know where I can get an oem copy for about $200.?

Reply to
ackerberg

Reply to
Ron Wicker

Nav upgrades have been discussed at

many times.There are some helpful posts there on that.

Reply to
njbok

You probably can find an older one on eBay. I bought mine from the dealer in Las Vegas - the 2007 maps were about $260.

Reply to
Colin