GS350 Purchase Question

I am getting ready to purchase a 2007 GS350. I would appreciate comments and opinions about this car. I would also like you opinions regarding addons and accessories, what to get or avoid.

TIA

Reply to
james.steelman

I bought the 2006 GS300, I opted for the AWD, a big plus in rainy weather and it corners like a Formula One, got the sunroof, also very nice, wished I had a little more power, ergo the 350 would be a better choice, got the adaptive headlights and headlight washers, that's not important, no Mark Levinson, and no Navigation... I understand you can get navigation now, my advice don't get it, for about $350 US you can get yourself a humdinger by Garmin or Tom Tom or Magellan, that beats the pants out of any lexus developed navigation... may not look pretty sitting on your dash , but its versatility and eye level location more than make up for it.

PS save some money too, it runs great on regular gas (recommended by a Maryland dealership), also the AWD has a footprint in the driver's footwell, does not bother the driving, but it is hell to find rubber mats for it..... good luck and enjoy, also the Lexus is pure luxury driving, but if you want pure driving pleasure, opt for an Audi A4 with AWD instead.

Reply to
kitzler

Thanks. I was going to not get the navigation or Levinson. Costco stores have the Garmin 660 for $600 US and I doubt my tin ear could tell the difference for the audio.

Don't know about the AWD, have to think about that some more.

What about 18 inch tires vs the 17? Dealer offers $2282 US package that is 18 inch tires, spoiler, rain wipers, adaptive lights, sunshade and other minor items.

Anyone care to comment on the Clear bra and LoJack options being offered?

TIA

Reply to
james.steelman

begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EA"@$M`,0#`````/___SE(MP`````````````````````````````` M```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` M`````````````````````````"'Y! $```,`+ `````*`2T```7_X"".9&F>

M:*JN;.N^+0B2%PZ7V[4N!0@T6@OO2;M M2/:FS(\NL[IPR7:J,I49CTE%-W/@KKL0E][;"5LKT*-0KP-\>+/CU5QV/_U$]^W76]RWWX,^V)!RQ%1? M#_N-8)Z!ZFE77?^!V+&WH('7*:+V)=IHVSC#&B#"!`*4+:4>9EDYI`@?FU:,**^.7W8(P%M@7?5&8]HU==\R&THUOR6":6J:% M8T\\:47,1:-M5%4G;O)CC9C^$5B"DRJ^&..?:@IZ9'AY!IFCE7)ZZ9J45%62 M)T9^E04%BRX"VB*F;&Y:Z*%1RA7IC6KEQ)";8E5(EEACBLHJ6DZ-^

Reply to
W. Wells

Good point Jim, do not get the automatic rain wipers, their speed is almost uncontrollable... get the Garmin NUVI 350 instead from Costco for $350, the sunshade is great, the adaptive headlights do not make much sense at least to me, as far as the 18 inchers, they ought to look awesome, your tire replacement might be a bit higher...

As far as getting a used LS, it's too big for me, and I think someone who dumped an LS after two years means that person had issues with the car....

Finally, the Lexus dealer experience is way above other luxury car dealers, too bad for them........

Reply to
kitzler

I'm coming from an 2005 IS300 with 13,500 mile and want something a little bigger but with the same sporty feel as the 300.

Very happy with the buying experience on the IS300 and the couple of service visits.

Re the LS, nice car but not what I'm looking for in my fun ride :)

Reply to
james.steelman

I recently bought a GS350 after owning a ES350. The GS is light years better then the ES. While it is more expensive, its transmission works as it should work and have not had any problems with it.

Reply to
Carroll Boardway

I looked at the GS350 AWD and passed on it buying the ES350 instead. The bell housing on the GS350 AWD encroaches into the driver's cockpit. During a test drive, my right foot brushed against the bell housing whenever I stepped on the accelerator pedal. It is my understanding the Rear Wheel Drive does not have this problem.

Alan

Reply to
AlanW

Alan you must have a size 30 foot, just kidding, no I complained too about the bell housing of the transmission tunnel, but only insofar as I can't find a rubber matt (rain and snow protection) that has an allowance for this bell housing.

I also agree that the transmission is flawless, except I wish you could actually pick your speed in S-drive. The S-drive works marvelous for downshifts, but forget it for upshifts... maybe that's a good thing, when I first tried the S-drive, I accidentally forgot I was in 6th gear and started away, fortunately the transmission remembers to start in first gear automatically....

/N.

Reply to
kitzler

Alan, were there any other reasons you went with the ES instead of the GS other than the AWD? Would the GS350 RWD been an option?

Thanks

Reply to
james.steelman

Hi James,

The rear wheel drive GS350 did not have the bell housing problem. However, I also didn't care for the console - it seemed to be raised too much for my preferences.

On the other hand, I felt the ES350 had many of the technology improvements developed for the LS model. When I drove it, I liked the

6 speed transmission, audio system and the ride which was much different from the ES300 I traded in on it.

My suggestion would be to drive the GS AWD and Rear Wheel Drive; then drive the ES. I think you will be able to make your decision once you drive them.

One last comment - my only disappointment with the ES350 was that the XM Radio option was an add on. It looked like a small, black, "mouse" antenna mounted on the trunk deck rather than a color coordinated fixed antenna on the roof.I passed on that option because it didn't look right on the car. Other than that, I love the car.

Regards, Alan

Reply to
AlanW

I am also considering the GS350 AWD along with the BMW 528xi and the Audi A6

3.0. I am concerned about the small size of the GS trunk and the fact that the rear seat does not fold down to give me extra room if needed. I would appreciate any comments on those issues.

Also, does anyone have experience with Lexus of Chester Springs? I live about an hour from them as well as Bobby Rahal in Mechanicsburg, PA.

I am hoping to make a no trade purchase within the next week to 10 days.

Reply to
wa3cuj