Hot air normal from - hate to say it even.

On a shake down cruise (literaly - the brakes realllllly shake the car at road speed when I put them on to slow down), the wife complained that I had turned on the seat heaters. We were cruising around this evening and it was in the high 70s so the air was off. I explained that and said the setting was still on cool on the seats. She asked me to feel where she had her hand - it was next to the seat down under the part you sit on. And it was HOT. So I explained that it was not the seat, but the thing in that big tunnel throwing off the heat. It was hot next to my seat too. Is this normal for an LS430?????

mcbrue heatedly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

06 LS430 Ultra Lux pkg.
Reply to
mcbrue

the exhaust throws off enormous amounts of heat. leave the air system on auto.

the brakes should not shake, return the car for repair

Reply to
mrcheerful

Take it to the dealer regarding your brakes, they should cover everything under warranty and maybe if lucky you can get an IS350 loaner like I did :D

Reply to
NYLexSC

I've never owned a car that the exhaust system was so hot under normal conditions that it would make the floor pan/transmission tunnel feel HOT to the touch much less make the seat feel hot. I would take it to the dealer and let them check for a missing heat shield, leaking exhaust system, or malfunctioning catalytic converter.

Reply to
Hububer

You've never owned a Camaro, then.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Hmmm ... interesting ... the Lexus flagship is like a camaro!

Reply to
mcbrue