Back Up TV & Radar Useless!

Backing out of a parking space today. Woman walked behind me so I stopped and let her go on through. She finished so I backed up a bit more and ran into a low little thing that I thought was a garbage can when I pulled ahead. As I drove off, a guy came up and started messing with it so I backed up to see what was going on and it was a food delivery cart he left behind the car. Of course the plastic cart took paint off the rubber bumper on the LS in two places. Point is that the TV was useless because of the sun coming in flooding the picture on the dash and the distronic was so quiet I didn't hear it even if it did go off! And the same thing happened a couple of weeks ago when the car was only a few days old !!! Those 4 breaks in the paint from then would cost $200 to fix, so I guess these two more would be $100.

SO THE TV IS NOT WORTH THE COST BECAUSE OF THE SCREEN WHICH GETS SWAMPED BY AMBIENT LIGHT AND THE REVERSE DISTRONIC BEEPERS ARE SO QUIET THAT YOU DON'T NOTICE THEM IF THEY DO ACTUALY GO OFF !!!!

Moral of the story - don't bother with that safety equipment - not good to have it on there because you think it works and it does not work as well as the older ways did. I never had run into anything in reverse for several years before this. More useless junk as they win the war against the consumer.

mcbrue wiserandsaderly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

06 LS 430 Ultra Deluxe
Reply to
mcbrue

On 2 Oct 2006 14:44:03 -0700, "mcbrue" graced this newsgroup with:

so what? You're too stupid and blind to just look behind you? The rest of us don't need a freaking CAMERA to figure out something is behind us.

Society is getting plain ass lazy and when they're too dumb to just turn their big ass peckerheads around to look behind them. And when they run over something, they blame it on equipment. The only "equipment" that was defective was the tiny chunk of gray matter rattling between those big honkin tent flaps you call your ears.

Just sell the car for gawds sake, all you've done was bitch like a little girl ever since you bought it. Go back to owning those overpriced rebadged German Dodges.

Reply to
amstaffs

LOL, cheer up Mcbrue it could of been worse . What if when you were backing up you camera failed just a a passing by ES300 experienced a transmission lag while avoiding a 75 mph speeding garbage truck ? It could have spelled doom for all involved especially if your defective LS was pushed into the trusty old never fail Mercedes .

Reply to
Ice

Vell Ice - der faderland vill not forget dat you hav called der MB a garbage truck!!!!! Dey vill be vatchin you if you can be seen through der kreeping kudzu covering your kar.

(rotflol, ice, gud vun!)

Reply to
mcbrue

On 2 Oct 2006 20:47:06 -0700, "mcbrue" graced this newsgroup with:

LOL

Reply to
amstaffs