How do I dim my LS430 Navigation Screen?

I have a 2001. I recall being able to dim the nav screen for night driving with the dash dimmer knob. It does nothing anymore. I asked my dealer mechanic and he tells me that he's not sure that it ever did that. Neither of us could locate any info in the manuals on this subject. Should the dimmer knob dim the screen?

Reply to
Mario

Almost.

The screen will remain in full brightness if the dimmer for the dashboard is "clicked" into the max position. If you "unclick" it (ie: just turn it enough so that you hear the click sound, and the illuminated dash starts to dim), then when you turn your headlights on, the nav screen will transition to the "night" mode (less bright, less annoying). It's only got two modes (bright and dim), so you can't vary it the same way you can do the dash, and it's in bright mode any time the headlights are off.

Reply to
Carl

Maybe Carl's car has different software, but on my 2001 LS you can select OPTION and then DISPLAY. That screen has brightness and contrast sliders at the bottom. And yes, they adjust night mode as well as day.

-- Pete

Carl wrote:

Reply to
Pete

Not exectly, you can adjust contrust and brightness using the display mode. At least I can do this in my GS

Reply to
nGT