How many miles you can put on Lexus?

Uh, OK. Seems like newer cars would have even more reliable engines.

Reply to
lwags

I just bought a LS 400 with 215 000 miles, previous ovener always used castrol syntectic oil. I was thinking to use reguler oil what is you suggestions? Also what should be the lowest octane when I filled the thanks? Thanks,

Erkan

Reply to
Erkan Ay

I can't help you w/ the oil but stick to Premium gas. I have a '91 with 240,000 and it is still very mechanically sound except a spark knock that started when I started using regular grade gasoline and hasn't stopped since I switched back to premium. I am not certain that was the cause but it started when I dropped the gasoline quality, could have just been a coincidence.

Reply to
hallmi at

This (the gas) was my experience as well.

Reply to
Derek A. Bill

DO NOT GO BACK TO REGULAR OIL YOU MUST STAY WITH SYNTHETIC!!!

Reply to
CDEWITT Webtv.net

I always use Mobil 1 oil in my 95 LS400. So far, 126,000 miles not problems.

Synthetic oil, like Mobil 1, are free flowing at very low temperatures and do not break down at very high temperatures so, you will prevent wear on the piston rings and cylinder walls on cold day startups (when most of the damage occurs) and get adequate lubrication on those really hot summer days with the AC on.

It's cheap insurance.

Don't forget to change it every 5.000-7.500 miles.

Regarding gas: 91 octane is required. However, when the price spikes I occasionally blend in some 89 octane. If you use 89 all the time, you will notice poorer performance and more engine noise.

Stick with the 91 octane.

Reply to
Bruce

Did you change the transmission fluid and filter every 30k? Did you abuse the car? Did anyone else drive it that might have wracked up the transmission?

Reply to
mvarchon