How To Tilt The WIper Arms Upward To Clean The Windshield Of '06 ES330???

How do I pull the wiper arms upward? I wanted to clean the lower area of the windshield of my '06 330, but when I tried to tilt the wiper arms upward to get better access, the hood prevented me from doing so. That is, if you pull upward the wiper arms a little bit, they touch the hood and you can't go farther! For other cars that I've owned, it was just a matter of grabbing them and pulling them upward. Is there a trick to do so on a '06 330???

Reply to
Fidelis K

My owner's manual says to pull the wipers, parallel to the window, about 6 inches out, until they will clear when tilted. I tried it, and it seemed that I was going to break/bend them, so I stopped. Has anyone actually done this without damaging the wipers?

Reply to
Jay Somerset

Jay Somerset quipped:

Just turn the car on, then the wipers. As soon as the wipers get about midway up the windshield, turn the car off. The wipers will stop midway across the windshield. Then it's easy to clean the lower part of the windshield and you don't have to pull the arms off the windshield.

Reply to
amstaffs

Either turn the ign off when they are up the screen, or if it is like the GS300 I have, then there is a snow setting for the wipers which raises them a little so that they can be lifted.

Reply to
mrcheerful

The owner's manual shows how to do it. You grab the passenger side wiper in the middle where the arm meets the wiper blade and pull it up toward the top of the windshield. It is rather stiff, but it will pull up about 6 inches. You can then tilt up the wiper blade to clean it. When you are finished, just reverse the procedure and push down. When I did it it did not break the wipers.

Reply to
Carroll Boardway

Passenger side? Pull up? Is your ES a right-hand drive? 'Cause I pull my wipers up from the driver's side.

Reply to
-

No, it's just easier to do it from the passenger side.

Reply to
Carroll Boardway