Howling/Humming Noise from Front Right Side of My 2006 ES.

I occasionally hear a low pitched howling/humming noise from the front right side of my 3 week old 2006 ES330.

Here's what I've observed.

  1. The noise intermittently occurs only at a speed higher than 50mph.
  2. Although I'm not 100% sure, I mostly hear it when driving on certain highways/parkways. Again, the noise intermittently happens.
  3. It's coming from either the right side of the engine compartment or the front right wheel. It's hard to tell.

I've been driving for more than 20 years and never heard such a noise before. What do you think? I want to get a sense of what's happening before going to my dealer.

Reply to
Jonathan Fidelis

If a sound only happens on certain highways or parkways and it always happens on those roads, then I'd suspect that you are hearing tire sounds.

Reply to
Ray O

Although you say the noise in intermittent is it something that you can replicate consistently at the 50+ MPH? Also when you hear it, is it loud enough that a friend or neighbor can here it if they ride with you? Also if someone else can hear it from the passengers seat do they tell you that the sound is coming from the same location you hear it?

I have a 2005 ES 330 and I had a terrible rattle in my dash. The first time I took it in it wasn't fixed as I could not consistenly replicate the problem. By the time I took it in the second time I could easily get the Tech to hear what I was hearing. Took them 7 hours of shop time to find it and fix it but now things are VERY quite.

In addition to this rattle I though I had a second rattle that sounded like a metalic sping sound (Boingggg) coming from the passengers door. I had someone ride with me and they told me that it was coming from the drivers side. Turns out it was a set of metalic framed sunglasses in the overhead making noise. Bottom line .... the acostics are so good that sometimes where you think the noise is coming from, isn't the right location.

Reply to
W C Hull