no headlight warning beep on 2008 models?

I prefer to manually turn my headlights on and off to save the battery in my

2008 GS350. I noticed if I leave the lights on and open the door, there is no "Headlights On" warning beeper like you find in pracatically all cars. This is odd in such an expensive car. I hear it's the same on the 2007 models. Is this a lexus design oversight?
Reply to
Bartok

As far as I know, all Toyota and Lexus with automatic headlights do not have a headlights on warning beeper because the headlights turn themselves off when the doors are locked. For most people, it would be annoying to hear the tone when locking the door or using the timer function turns the headlights off.

Using the automatic headlight function in your car will not really affect the life of the car's battery unless the car is often parked for long periods of time.

Reply to
Ray O