It looks like Lexus is running out of gas and looses its appeal

Since the height of its RX production in the late 1990s and early

2000s, Lexus now seems to loose its lustre. This is just my impression, without knowing all of the facts. The new models seem a little too boring and bland. They do not come up with more varieties, and they may even compete with its Toyota siblings' models. I would like to see a new SC styling, the distinctively different style/model between GS and IS (at the moment, they look all too much alike). The ES was rather popular a few years back, but I can't hardly see the new model on the road. Perhaps they should call back all of the traditional Japanese car stylist for the future car design. Will a new SC430 or SC460h come up for the 2009 or 2010? Something more unique and pleasing to the eye. It may be a tough call, in comparison to challenges from Audi and MB. Even Infiniti and Acura have better styling cars than the Lexus.
Reply to
aniramca

Didn't Powers just pick Lexus as Number 1 again? Graybeard

Reply to
Graybeard

I also feel Lexus/Toyota styling has become way to homogenized. You have to look twice to separate an IS, ES, Camry, Avalon, or LS. With the exception of the original LS400 and SC400 (and possibly RX300), I don't believe the exterior styling has ever been a Lexus strong suit. Dependability, ride, and interior style/comfort have been their strength.

Like the OP, I also look forward to something a little more interesting from Lexus. Particularly in the SC arena. I have always considered the current second generation SC a styling disaster, and can't wait much longer to replace my original SC400 which is crossing 200K miles. LF-A roadster is gorgeous, but $100K+ if it ever does hit the road will put it out of Lexus' (and my) sweet spot.

Reply to
Xplant