Latest GPS?

I just purchased a 2001 Lexus RX300 with GPS. Can anyone tell me what's the latest and most up to date version of their GPS. Also, how much should I expect to pay for this? Is it available through any other source besides Lexus? Any consensus on whether an upgrade is worthwile for the Metro DC area?

From what I have read, the mapping software is easy to upgrade, just take out the old DVD and pop in the new one.....can someone please confirm?

thanks.

Ron

Reply to
ron

Go to

& or work your way to it and see the one which one owner just added. Search thoroughly through the earlier posts to see how many things are involved.

Reply to
Jay Swinger

I have an 02 RX300 that I intend on updating every other year. I got the 2003 DVD last year (Oct 8, 2003) from Pohanka for $250. Technically speaking, I replaced ver. 2000v.1 with 2003v.1. This added a bunch of new streets and upgraded some features. If you live in western Fairfax county, the update is worth it. The road between I-81 and Blacksburg is now on the map, so the new version doesn't cut cross country when we take our son to Tech.

I think they publish updates every fall, so I'd wait a couple of weeks and get the 2004 DVD. If you can load a CD in a computer, you can swap out the DVD in the DVD drive located in the passenger side rear compartment.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Doernhoefer

Club Lexus has a group discount on the 2004-5 DVD but I think it was higher than $250.

Beezer