Lexus oil sludge

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to
Curtis Newton

2001??.... I have a 1999 Lexus ES300 and our vehicle is covered by the gel/sludge warranty. -

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to
Curtis Newton

This is probably the best solution. Even my salesman recommended buying Mobil 1 synthetic from Costco and bringing it in for the service center to use instead of their oil. If using synthetic oil he said you can schedule oil changes every 7500 miles instead of 5000 miles.

Reply to
DirkDiggler

[OT]

Hello,

I'm a new Lexus customer (ES330). Does the Lexus dealer really charge $2000 to replace the timing belt and water pump?!!!

-Doug

Reply to
Doug

Who knows? Ask your dealer. Perhaps they have a different set of prices.

Reply to
twaugh5

ask your dealer! go to the dealer and ask for the maintenance prrice list. my dealer has this sheet which lays out the prices for each service and what is included in them, and a 90k includes a whole lot more than just timing belt and water pump. your most important services are at 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90k. if you want to cut costs, you can get your oil changed every 5 at a REPUTABLE (not jiffy screw, smallwart, vasoline, or any type of FastFoodJoint places) shop.

Reply to
MudPuppy1976

"MudPuppy1976

Reply to