Lexus RX400 hybrid

Anyone else have a good source for info, besides lexus.com and

? I've read different reports of itbeing available here in the fall, or first-quarter of 2005. I'm sure therewill be a waiting list to get one (just like the Prius). Anyone read anyactual mileage estimates yet? Randy Chicago, IL

Reply to
Randy S

Last I've seen Feb 2005

.

Reply to
Greg

Last I saw the city estimate was something like 26 mpg. The Prius misses its city estimate of 60 mpg by 1/3 (people actually get 40 mpg), so you can figure the RX400h will actually get around 19 mpg or so city. Very good for a mid-sized SUV, but not earth shaking and it's questionable whether you will ever get payback when you consider the surcharge you will pay vs. a RX330.

These are likely to have very good resale value at first, but that will fade as more and more hybrids show up on the market as well as modern diesels which will get comparable or better mileage.

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Reply to
GRL