Live Cigarette Lighter

I have an '03 LS430. I recently purchased a GARMIN portable GPS system and it works GREAT. That being said, I wish the vehicle had a cigarette lighter that was live even when you turn off the engine. The GPS has to find the satellites. I would like to be able to run into a store for a few minutes with the GPS staying on...as it is now, the cigarette lighter "dies" when you turn off the key. I tried both the "real" lighter and the one inside the center console. Is this something that can be dealer programmed or is it a major rewiring hassle that I wouldn't bother to do?

Reply to
D.D. Palmer