RX330 help

I have a rx330 on order due mid december. I ask for the nav with entertainment package. Looks like the color combo I am looking for has no entertainment package, the dealer claims he can add it.

I expect it's an after market unit.

What is the major difference between Factory and dealer after market, besides $400?

TIA

Reply to
JR

No, it is not.

No difference. The dealer simply installs the additional hardware. Your car is already factory pre-wired to accept the add-on. It is not an "after market" unit in the usual sense, because no one else other than a Lexus dealer can provide it and the hookup is Lexus-proprietary meaning that only the genuine article will plug directly in without modification or jerry-rigging.

If there is any difference it would only be that the entertainment package will not show up on the factory "build sheet" or on the window sticker. It is otherwise exactly like "factory-original" in all respects. There might also be some minor difference in the warranty as it applies to that component.

Reply to
New Owner

You don't get the integrated audio with the aftermarket unit. Also, not a/v jacks in the back. The aftermarket units look cheap, but ask the dealer to look at one first.

-Luds

Reply to
Luds

If true then Lexus has deviated from their established norm. In prev models/years a "factory" option that was also available as a dealer item was usually the exact same from the dealer as the factory original, i.e., the CD player, cell phone, nav package, etc.

Then aga>You don't get the integrated audio with the aftermarket unit. Also,

Reply to
New Owner

Reply to
New Owner

I suggest you check lexus.com and look at the price/options category for the RX330. The RSES is NOT listed under "dealer accessories" - only under "factory option packages" and "individual factory options". Also look at RX accessories: no RSES listed.

Conclusion: you can't get the RSES in the RX330 unless it comes with it from the factory.

Reply to
Greg Suzuki