LS460 experience?

Anybody have any experience with the LS460 yet? Local stealership says all of the ones coming in for a month or so yet are taken, but I haven't seen any driving around town. So am wondering what they are like - is the new tranny solid and hesitation free? I am guessing it should be a little smoother than the old LS430 tranny. Any weak spots showing up yet?

Reply to
mcbrue

I have ridden in my dad's 2007 LS. He has no complaints although it seems like he doesn't use half of the features in the car. The transmission feels rock solid, is hesitation-free, and the shifts are so smooth that about the only way to tell that it is shifting is to watch the tach.

Reply to
Ray O

I have a friend who is on his third LS series, he had a 460 on loan for the day, says its superb, but just doesnt feel he can warrant the cost to buy.

Reply to
old man

I completely agree. I have an '04 LS430 (and had prior models as well) but I won't spend more than 60 grand for ANY car (my current vehicle was 58 grand and that's about my limit).

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

My dealer here in Pittsburgh seemed to have a few just gathering snow on the lot when I was there about a week ago.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

If only I was in the US, currently 460 is approx $140,000 Currently 04 LS430's are advertised on Lexus UK at approx $56,000

Reply to
old man

I am not sure what you're talking about. You can buy the LS here for about $65,000 I am guessing. Still too much for me, but not $140,000.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

So it sounds like nobody here has one! Interesting. Last October in Alburqueque I drove one while getting mine serviced. And they seemed to have a few available. But it didn't seem to have the problems other than the tiny cabin improved space-wise a bit. Ray, you have to get that one from your Dad and wring it out a bit and report back to us.

Reply to
mcbrue

My dad has a lot heavier foot than me!

Reply to
Ray O

UK pricing

Reply to
old man

My Dad has had one for about 5 months. On a trip from Wisc to Fl averaging 75-80 mph he got around 27 mpg. He loves the car except for problems with the voice recognition system and mic sensitivity.

Reply to
dan