More info on RDS radio functions?

New to Lexus. '03 ES300 w/ premium sound/RDS.

Where can I find out more about the RDS functions? Once the radio has found the "x" number of stations in an area, how do I scan through them based on their type? Just stopping at Easy Listening, for example?

Owners manual lacks much detail.

Also, is there a "pause" button for the tape and CD player that I am missing?

Thanks in advance... JCS

Reply to
JCS

That RDS deal would be really cool if radio stations actually participated! In order for your radio to collect any data on genre, station name, etc..., the local stations have to package that data in a benign frequency under their broadcast. My head unit has the capability, and in the three years I've had it, the RDS stations in my area have gone from eight to two. God bless technology.

Reply to
qslim

Agree - it would be a lot better if more programming were available. In my market there are 8 stations who participate, and in several cities I drive in/through 4-8 each, so I was just trying to find better instructions on how to use it where it is available.

participated!

Reply to
JCS