need tire suggestions (for 2000 Lexus ES300) - please help

I'm looking to buy a new set of tires. Are the Bridgestone Potenza RE71 good tires to get for a 2000 Lexus ES300? Any others I should look into? I know Costco is a good place to buy tires. If Costco does not have the tires, where are other good places to buy tires?

Reply to
Adam

I could suggest a number of places but it would require a 4k mile drive

Reply to
old man

Thanks, but I'm located near area codes 510 and 408.

Reply to
Adam

"Adam" quipped:

Adam,

We also have a 00 ES300 and got the Potenza's from Costco. Excellent tires, have no complaints.

Reply to
amstaffs

Still means nothing to me, you should'nt assume we all live in the US of A. This is the www, though I realise the world starts and ends in the US of A

Reply to
old man

"old man" quipped:

then don't reply. This isn't rocket science. You're just trying to be a pain in the ass. And it's obvious you're good at it.

Reply to
amstaffs

I've purchased from America's Tire Co for several yrs now. I like the service and cheaper than most tire stores. Just got a set of Michelin Pilots, seems pretty smooth and quiet.

Adam sent this message::

Reply to
larry barrios

Yes, I was hoping to buy them from Costco but, unfortunately for me, Costco no longer stocks tires by Bridgestone. At least, that's what I was told when I called. So, I have to find another good place to buy from.

Reply to
Adam

Its what keeps me going

Reply to
old man

"Adam" quipped:

ouch. Well, I've always had good luck with Michelins as well.

Reply to
amstaffs

Sam's Wharehouse has good prices. Or any tire seller will do. The Michelin (even though they are not American) will outlast and outserve any other brand I have tried.

Reply to
mcbrue

Interesting ... the Costco sales person did not give me the impression that Michelin tires will outlast any other brand. All I know is ... Michelin tires are expensive. And, my mechanics recommend the Bridgestone Potenza RE71.

Are there any good tire review websites out there?

Reply to
Adam

Reply to
Adam

Michelin has a large facility in South Carolina...

Reply to
CFL

and we all know what experts sales droids at big box stores are

  1. >

tirerack.com

Reply to
jdoe

Thanks!

I definitely give my mechanics' recommendations more weight.

Reply to
Adam

CFL quipped:

I'm not sure why a foreign owned tire on a foreign owned car is wrong?

Bridgestone/Firestone is also Japanese btw.

Reply to
amstaffs

I started driving Michellin tyres (or tires if you prefer) over 30 years ago when I found out that the steel belted radial made snow tires unnecessary in Minnesota winters. Have stuck with them since and I have never had a problem with one of them. Obviously if I did ever exceed the speed limit I would not admit that in writting, but if I did, I would sure feel safe with those tires on my car no matter how heavily loaded. I can't quote the exact web sites, but I have compare them using the web. They generaly come out near the top. I always compare the speed, heat, and traction ratings of competing tires and find the Michelins grades or scores on the tires are usualy higher than the suggested rivals.

One thing to look at is does your mechanic sell one brand of tire as a dealer? I have a dealer or two who are dealers for certain brands and they swear by them.

Michelin has large facilities in NY, SC, OK, Al, most countries around the world, and, of course, France. So what does this mean? Most international countries now manage the currency risks by production in-country. Also minimizes transport cost, etc.

In SC we also have a big German Kar Parts company with a Japanese Kar Partss company right next to it. They muddle around in each others businesses and seem to cooperate rather well with Japanese, German, and American administrators all mixed in together. Guess that means I should only buy Kars with those parts in them.

To summarize - I still believe in Michelin tyres from my experience with them. I suggest them for that reason. I do not make any money from any purchase you make, nor do I derive any income or other benefit from stating that I suggest you buy them.

Since all the responses you get must be evaluated so carefuly for fiancial intesterests, and since you so obviously hold such high regard for your current sources of advice, why bug us with your request for suggestions?

Reply to
mcbrue

Trying to decide between the following tires ...

- Bridgestone Potenza G 009

- Yokohama AVID V4s

- Yokohama AVID H4s

Any helpful comments on these tires would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Adam

Check reviews at tirerack.com

Reply to