Wheel/Rim compatibility 2002 ES300

I have an ES300 and I'm trying to find winter tires. I decided I'd take a quick look for good, lightly used ones and find plenty of tires already mounted on rims. My stock tire size is 215/60R16 and my wheel lug pattern is 5x114mm, but what I'm not sure about is my offset. I have found a couple different tires that come with certain different Honda wheels and some happen to have a 5x114mm bolt pattern but I'm unsure of their offset. How much of a worry is this and does anyone know about Honda to Lexus wheel compatibility? What about Toyota to Lexus wheel compatibility? Or anything else for that matter?

Just trying to learn as much as I can, if I can have an extra set of rims solely for winter it would be nice.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris

If you go to tirerack.com and search for 16 inch wheels for your car, the aftermarket wheels that come up have

  • 40 mm offset. To get the offset number, choose a wheel and the specks will come up on the left side of the screen. You can do the same thing with other cars to find compatible wheels.
Reply to
Ray O

Thanks, I couldn't find the offset for the longest time. What about hub centric versus lug centric? I think most are hub centric, but it is something to wonder about. Also I suppose it's possible that our wheel wells and steering will take slightly more or less than that stock offset as well.

I just found some Nissan Maxima rims, any> >I have an ES300 and I'm trying to find winter tires. I decided I'd

Reply to
Chris

I think most OEM wheels are hub centric, while most aftermarket wheels are lug centric to allow a particuclar wheel to fit a wider range of hub sizes.

Yes, wheel wells will probably fit slightly more or less than stock offset, but I recommend sticking to the same offset as the factory wheels. A potential consequence of changing offset is changing how the wheel bearings bear weight, which can cause premature wear or failure.

Reply to
Ray O