Re: 98 GS300 rough start

Thanks for the tip to try Techron.

I just realized as well, that last time I filled up (just 3 days ago) was at a gas station in a small town on the outskirts, the gas was "CENEX". I used premium, but perhaps the gas was not so good...

Aside from the CENEX I always buy Chevron at a local station.

Thanks again,

-Fritz

Try running a can of Techron fuel system cleaner through there. Dirty > injectors will have a hard time getting good fuel atomization when the > engine's cold. Once warmed up, the heat helps vaporize the fuel and covers > the problem up somewhat. That's my guess anyway > > -- > -WJB > > Hi. I have a 98 GS300, immaculate condition and all service done by > > dealer. 51k on odometer. Car is always garaged and doesn't get > > driven on a daily basis. Sometimes only 2-3 times per week. I just > > noticed today, after it sat for about 2 days in garage, it started > > right up but idled rough, like it was not firing on all cyllinders for > > the first 5-10 seconds. Any idea what the cause of that is? > > > > Thanks, > > > > -Fritz
Reply to
FritzMagnum

As long as you buy gasoline from a busy station that turns over its inventory in a rapid fashion, you should be fine. Don't buy gas from a quiet station. The gas might sit around awhile.

Reply to
bchargnon