is300 rims

Hello all,

I am in search of some 17" rims for a is300. Would anyone know a good source? Thanks!

-Siyon

Reply to
S. Mcfall

If you're willing to use aftermarket wheels, check tirerack.com. There are a lot of good aftermarket wheels with whatever "look" you might want. If you want OEM wheels, it may be hard to find them except at the very high dealer parts department price.

S. Mcfall wrote:

Reply to
kokomoNOSPAMkid

You're right about the dealers' prices on OEM wheels. The various IS300 wheels will probably set you back somewhere between $450 and $500 per wheel. OUTRAGEOUS! But they do look good. :-)

S.T.

Reply to
S.T.

Look on e-bay for OEM rims. A lot of folks are putting aftermarket 17"s on their IS300 or going up to 18 and 19" ones. I've seen numerous sets of slightly used OEM IS300 wheels offered there.

Reply to
Jeff Bertrand

Jeff,

Do you have any JPEG images of an IS300 with aftermarket 18 or 19-inch wheels you could post? Or better yet, do you have a link to such photos?

Thanks in advance!

S.T.

Reply to
S.T.

Surf on over to

This is the IS300 message board and there is a photo gallery there as well as lots of individual postings with pictures of folk's Lexus IS300s. My IS has the factory optional 17" graphite polished jobs and I like 'em fine.

Reply to
Jeff Bertrand

My SportCross came with the 17" graphite polished wheels. I replaced them with 16" wheels and 205-55 tires which provide less road noise and a better ride. With the tires I have on the 16 inch wheels, handling is as good or better than with the 17's and the OEM tires. I guess I give higher priority to the functional advantages of "tall" 55 series tires than the asthetics of 30 series "rubber band" tires on 19 inch wheels. I'll admit, though, that the big wheels with "rubber bands" look cool.

BTW, I do not want to sell my OEM wheels. I'll want to put them back on to sell the car in a few years.

Reply to
kokomoNOSPAMkid

Sounds like a reasonable trade off but I've got to believe you loose a few fractions of a "g" when cornering.

Reply to
Jeff Bertrand