Re: Lexus 2008 GS 460 ranked last again?

WHAT !!!!!!??????? You mean that the 460 which has an 8 speed is not perfect ? Just wait till Glga comes in to spew or whatever he does after getting a skin full of whatever it is he drinks. This 460 is quite predictible. The 430 with its 6 speed is realllllllly inferior to the old S Klass German kar that I traded on it. Der old cherman kar had a 5 speed but was smooth as butter when shifting. The Lexus bumps and thumps and when driving along at a constant speed will actually jerk and bang into a lower gear! Kind of like driving an old Chevy or something.

Reply to
mcbrue

Today's performance transmission design is towards dual-clutch Direct Shift Gearboxes (DSG). The advanced Borg Warner designs can upshift in as little as 8 ms (!!!) instead of the 100 ms in the Toyota 8-speed. But again, I don't think anybody ever claimed Toyota had a performance transmission, but they do doll up their cars nicely.

I agree ZF Friedrichshafen has some really great transmissions and produce variants of the dual-clutch design as well as the LePelletier design. And the Getrag manuals are the gold standard (some Honda Civic manuals do come close).

Don't mind the little jerks. They probably don't have their parents' permission to post anyway.

Reply to
johngdole