Re: Lexus 2008 GS 460 ranked last again?

What do you drive, DaveW?

Just for the record, I drive an 06430Ultra. The 07s were due out shortly when I bot the 06, but I knew they would have a new tranny and I had the fun with the ES units allready - white ball crumbling, etc, etc. So I decided to stick with the proven product, the 6 speed. Oh well ... another mistake!

Reply to
mcbrue

As I've posted here before, I have an '04 GS430. I'm very happy with it, as I was with my '02 GS300, '01 IS300, '96 SC400 and '93 SC300. Aside from the three CD players the IS went through in three years (replaced under warranty each time), they've all been trouble free. I've put somewhere around 180,000 miles on the five cars over a 12 year period (the IS was new, the others were bought Certified Pre-Owned) without any serious problems, so I continue to buy them.

I understand you've had your share of problems with your LS and your ES, and that explains your occasional crotchety posts here, but I believe Lexus makes very dependable cars and your experience is the exception rather than the rule. No manufacturer is perfect, but surveys and studies consistently show Lexus to be among the best in owner satisfaction and long-term reliability.

I've asked john a number of times what he drives because I'm curious about his motivation for his constant negative posts here. Anything at all he can find that shows Lexus in a negative light has him racing right over here to post it. There's some kind of personal bitterness there, and I just wonder where it comes from.

Reply to
DaveW

Reply to
GIga