Re: Something rotten here...

Search google for Kevin Haggerty's account. He was able to bring his car into the dealership while it was having the problem and the dealer confirmed that the pedal wasn't pushed down. The account here:

that he had taken this car into the dealership previously for thesame problem. I suspect that this incident was the reason for themassive recalls.

It's kinda hard to blame the driver when the car is sitting in the lot with the engine revving and nobody in it. Of course that won't keep the back seat experts from blaming it on everyone except toyota.

>>A 68 year old woman ran her car through a brick and steel wall, into a >> laundromat, and damaged the wall and 5 or 6 washing machines, you know, >> the big industrial ones... >> >> She was sneaking up on a parking space when all of a sudden the car >> accelerated and crashed through the wall and the washing machines. >> >> She was driving a Camry. The accident has been attributed by the media to >> a 'sticking accelerator'. >> >> Um, how FAST are you driving when pulling into a parking space? Fast >> enough to crash through a brick wall? >> >> If you are, you probably shouldn't be driving. >> >> I'm willing to bet this is just a good old fashioned case of "Wrong >> Pedal", but since it's a Camry it must be the sticking accelerator. >> I wonder how many other people have gotten themselves into trouble and >> blamed it on a sticking accelerator? > > >Right, like my dad always said, you CAIN'T FIX STUPID!!! > >People been crashing into things with cars for 80 years, and trying to blame >everybody but themselves. Too bad they are trying to blame Toyota now. > > > >--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: snipped-for-privacy@netfront.net ---
Reply to
Kevin