Toyota revelations may free jailed driver.

I just love this story. An asian guy, driving a 10 year old car, and he has a problem and it must be the car.

It would only be funnier if it was an asian woman driving.

Yeah, blame it on a 10 year old Toyota.

I hope they have a half-price sale soon, my daughter needs a new car.

Dick Cheney

I love it when people how have essentially ZERO knowledge of the FACTS, such as you, make such sweeping claims.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Of course it's the car's fault when the driver stops on the accelerator pedal as hard as he can in order to stop the car.

Toyota is the audi of 2010.

What kind of interlock are they going to have to install in order to stop these idiotic reports?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Well, one fact is that pretty much no car made and certainly no toyota can't be stopped by its brakes in good working condition no matter if the engine is under full throttle.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Its all about greed, lawyers, and money. The usual.

"Relatives of the victims ? who condemned Lee at his sentencing three years ago ? now believe he is innocent and are planning to sue Toyota."

Reply to
Paul

I didn't claim to know anything, dumbass. I read the article and came to a reasonable conclusion. Can't help you if you didn't do the same, like my dad always said, you can't fix stupid.

I just think that many of these cases are fat-hoofed doofuses hitting the wrong pedal.

Now just shut up and stop trying to put words in Dick Cheneys mouth.

Dick Cheney

That would mean the guy is not guilty. The jury convicted the guy of homicide by intentionally accelerating into the other car and causing death.

-jim

Reply to
jim

charged and convicted "criminal vehicular homicide"

(serious charge, not inattentive driving, negligence, conduct regardless, etc)

from Minnesota statutes:

hints at drunk driving... I have no idea of his actual case.

Reply to
AMuzi

There's nothing reasonable about your conclusion. If flows from your notion that UA simply never happens and anyone who says it happened to them is lying or stupid. It does happen. There is also nothing funny about someone potentially being in jail because their car malfunctioned but since there Asian I guess that makes it ok with you.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Even Toyota engineers can fix stupid.

And those are some bright folks.

Dick Cheney

"Dick Cheney" wrote in news:hmc1np$2e0u$ snipped-for-privacy@adenine.netfront.net:

Correction. Not pedal. Thing. As in the fing key. Or the shift column on the dash. Or if it's a manual. The fing clutch. An ahole got caught trying to kill people. Period.

He doesn't *need* any help in that regard.

Reply to
fred

AMuzi wrote in news:hmc40k$uj0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Cops like to think *everyone* is drunk. Makes their job a lot easier.

Reply to
fred

"Dick Cheney" wrote

Paragraph 12 of the cited article...

-> "but Toyota did recall some 1996 Camrys for defective cruise controls that

-> could cause sudden acceleration."

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Thanks, bleeding heart, but nothing indicates that he had cruise in the car, and I am fairly certain the jury would have had this info.

And those folks convicted him.

But you go ahead and second guess twelve people that had all the facts.

Dick Cheney

Rust. He's in Minnesota. However, this is poor maintenance, and not a problem covered by the current recall.

That is, *if* the pedal stuck...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B