RX330 - 2005

Well, I left my car in the long term parking lot for 9 days, when I came back the battery was deader than a door nail. The headlight switch was in the 'On' position. The book says that headlights go off after 30 seconds (default) whether in Auto or in On position. Any thoughts? I do plan to give the Lexus guys a piece of my mind though!

Reply to
Sapper

I can't help - I'm taking my '05 RX330 in tomorrow for its first "check-up", and I'm having them change that 30 second deal - drives me nuts how many people say "hey buddy, your lights are on".

Gonna have them change having press the remote twice to unlock all the doors. Also gonna have them install mud flaps (getting some SERIOUS scratches after 2 mos), check the brake pedal (a noticable "click" when I release it), and see if they know anything about the transmission hesitation fix (I read that it is available).

Reply to
JL

Reply to
Sapper

Well, every time people told me this and I will reply "This is Daytime Running Light. I guess your cheap Acura or Inifiniti does not have one."

Reply to
Guy

Reply to
Sac Town T

To quote the manual:

"The lights automatically turn off about 30 seconds after any of the side doors and back door is opened and closed with the ignition key turned to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position. Additionally, the lights can be turned off immediately by pushing the "LOCK" button on the wireless remote control key with all the side doors and back door locked."

and:

"If you are going to park for over one week, make sure the headlight switch is off."

I suspect one of your doors was left open and therefore the auto shut off never happened.

Reply to
greg

To quote the manual:

"The lights automatically turn off about 30 seconds after any of the side doors and back door is opened and closed with the ignition key turned to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position. Additionally, the lights can be turned off immediately by pushing the "LOCK" button on the wireless remote control key with all the side doors and back door locked."

and:

"If you are going to park for over one week, make sure the headlight switch is off."

I suspect one of your doors was left open and therefore the auto shut off never happened.

Reply to
greg

It turns out that if the battery dies, the power windows need to be reprogrammed to work from the drivers door switches!

While getting that done a friendly mechanic said "the battery draining is a common problem, our parts department have a trickle charger that a lot of people buy to avoid this".

This seems wrong to me - anyone else have a problem with the battery draining due to the vehicle being left unused for say 10 days?

Reply to
Sapper

Only if you leave the light switch on the turn stalk in the AUTO position. Turn it to off and you will not have the problem.

Reply to
CFL

Reply to
Sapper

Check page 49 of the Owner's manual. They claim if more than one week to turn the switch to off..

Sapper wrote:

Reply to
CFL

Thanks!