re: RX330 interior light timer?

I notice that any lights that are left on either by leaving a door ajar or switch on will not turn off after a set length of time on my wifes RX330. I questioned the dealer about this, and they are adamant that Lexus vehicles are not equipped to turn off electrical components if inadvertently left on for an extended period of time. Being every vehicle I have owned for the past 10-15 years has had a timer that turned off any lights that were left on by accident, I find it hard to believe that Lexus would omit such an elementary feature. To clarify, I am not referring to the automatic headlights, but rather if the rear hatch or side doors are left open overnight leaving the interior lights illuminated until the battery ran down.

Can anyone here verify whether or not the dealer was correct?

TIA

stealth

Your dealer is correct.

Reply to
CFL

No time out on the 330 ES either.

Reply to
Howard

Thanks for the confirm.

stealth

I wonder why Lexus does not install these devices, as even my Ford truck has it. All it takes is to leave a door ajar over the weekend, and you'll come back to a dead battery. With all of the other gee-whiz gadgets that they do install, it seems one that would prevent the lights from being left on would be a given, especially on a so-called "luxury" vehicle.

Thanks!

stealth