RX350 windshield distortion

Is this a common problem in the Lexus RX350? I had a very unsatisfying experience today at the Lexus dealership. I wanted to get a new windshield for my new RX350 because of distortion. Basically I was told that it's normal or common and they've replaced some before only to find that the new one had it as well. I asked if this was problem with the RX330 and the service guy said he didn't recall it being an issue.

I was told that I had to come back and let some "rep" look at it and decide whether to approve a new windshield.

I'm very disappointed... I was disappointing in my first Lexus, the ES300 because of the lugging and lack of responsiveness. The RX350 is better but now the windshield issue is not pleasing at all nor the service I got at the dealership in Grapevine, TX. They should have told me on the phone that they couldn't replace a distorted windshield without approval first without me having to go down there and find out.

So does anyone notice distortion in their windshield? I can see it while driving and if you're just sitting in the car, you can see it by bobbing your head up and down. It's hard to describe, but creates "waves". My wife said it was like looking through eyeglasses that aren't your prescription.

Reply to
Albert Wiersch

The distortion in my RX350 is right in the way of looking out the windshield during normal driving. When I'm driving and moving up and down in the seat, the view becomes "wavey" in certain spots. It's not pleasant.

What kind of distortion do you have in your 2004 windshield?

The dealership where I bought it says they are going to replace it under warranty. I hope that takes care of the problem.

Albert

Reply to
Albert Wiersch

If you look toward the right side from the driver's seat the is some just above the dash.

Albert Wiersch wrote:

Reply to
CFL

Albert Wiersch wrote: I hope that takes care of the problem.

Please let us know!

Reply to
Jules

Yes! Sewell of Fort Worth picked up the car and put a new windshield in it. It is much better. Any distortion now is probably just normal distortion (much harder to see).

Park Place in Grapevine, TX never called me back about it. I'm still disappointed of the service there and them making me drive out there only to tell me there was nothing they could do and I'd have to come back later.

Albert

Reply to
Albert Wiersch

Your experience with Sewell Lexus of Fort Worth and Park Place Lexus of Grapevine is very interesting, Albert. Interesting because it mirrors mine. I bought a Lexus from Sewell years ago and had nothing but extremely pleasing visits for service there. When I bought another Lexus a couple of years ago I purchased one from Park Place because they had the one I wanted in stock and it was only a couple of miles farther from my house. However, I was underwhelmed by my visits for routine service and then I had a totally unsatisfactory encounter when I took my Lexus in for body work after my wife backed into a trailer. I was so pissed I asked my car back and drove straight to Sewell where I got prompt and courteous attention even though they knew I had bought the car from Park Place. That's where I take the vehicle now, and that's where I'll buy my next one. If they shut down, leaving Park Place as the only local Lexus dealer, I'll buy something different.

mdh

Reply to
Michael D. Henderson

Interesting indeed. It's too bad Park Place is so much closer for me than Sewell (I'm near Denton), otherwise there would be no benefit to me going to Park Place in Grapevine.

By the way, another incident that was annoying at Park Place was getting charged for a loaner car when we shouldn't have. Took a few calls and more than an hour of wasted time to get that resolved. If I buy another Lexus, Sewell in Fort Worth will most likely get my business again.

Albert

Reply to
Albert Wiersch

Reply to
Jules

I was told the 350 has a different windshield than the 330. I as told it has some kind of fibre layer in there to make it quieter. Well that's what was said....

Reply to
The Visitor