RX400h

I am looking at purchasing one of the following:

RX300 (ie Toyota Harrier 2WD with 2.4l engine) or RX400h

Can any one advise if the running costs of a RX400h will be lower than an RX300?

Sidk

Reply to
SidKnee

If by 'running costs' you mean fuel and other non-warranty operating costs, I would say the hybrid should be cheaper to operate.

Of course, operating costs aren't life-cycle costs, and you'd have to figure in unknowns such as depreciation of the hybrid (esp. the battery) in order to calculate the life-cycle cost.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I've done some research on this vehicle, the maintence will be like any other vehicle in regards to the V6 engine, you have to change oil every

5K. There is NO power steering fluid, no transmission fluid (it has electric motors), you would have to change engine coolant.

Your brake pad life increases dramatically, the car has regenerative braking, meaning the electric motors when deceling, become a generator and charge, this is done through back pressure (in a way) by electric current, the only time you will use brake pads is on extreme hard stops or last 5mph of stopping.

Therefore your maintence cost should be considerably less, than that of a regular gas engine. Plus you may save on gas estimated 22mpg-32mpg depending upon driving situations, load in vehicle etc..

Hope that helps your desicion....

Drifter

Reply to
smk_drifter

Oh yeah BTW,

You get the performance of a V8 engine with the 22-32 MPG and you help the enviorment.

Reply to
smk_drifter

The saving of gas only makes sense when the oil price shoot to $80 per barrel and stay there like those finacial analysts projected.

Reply to
Sam

Does anyone know what the release date will be?

What are there going to be called in Japan?

ie. the RX300 is known as the Toyota Harrier 2.4l.

Sidk

Reply to
SidKnee

Saving of gas means we get to breathe easier/longer,too?

-- Charles 020 8949 0708 / 079 5620 0176

Reply to
charles

Some repaorts say that this vehicle will be released in N.America on

4/15/05 as to what the name is in Japan, I have heard that Japan was going to introduce Lexus Japan soon so all Lexus vehicles will hold the same name...but I don't know when that will be.
Reply to
smk_drifter

Lexus post-poned the release date of the RX400H so there would be enough SUVs for those that placed orders...

the Prius quickly sold, and dealers couldnt keep them in stock...

Reply to
Razo-E