Service Cost?

I was wondering what other people pay for a 5000 mile service (when nothing is wrong). I have an SC430 and mine runs about $300 once a year in North Carolina. Is there a better way to do it ei Toyota or an independent?

Reply to
W. Wells

Find out what is in the service and do the part of it you can yourself and the part you can't or will not at a good local independent.

Reply to
GRL

Did you want an SC430 or a Corolla? Just take the bloody thing to Lexus and enjoy the pampering.

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

Go to an independent mechanic who works on Lexus and avoid the Lexus dealers. Who do you think pays for the service advisors, the clerks and the car washes ? If you live in a small town you do not have this option... Dealers make a lot of their money via the service departments......

Reply to
Neal Hudson

Maybe the guy is not someone who needs, wants, or gives a damn about pampering by a pricey service department. Believe it or not, some people who buy Lexi buy them for the qualities of the car, not the dealership's pampering of them.

We have two and that's why we bought them. I do all the service I can myself and what I can't do I have a local import shop do (out of warranty). I prefer to pamper my bank account instead of getting pampered by a car dealer.

- nopcbs

Reply to
GRL