Turn radius on RX300

My wife bought a CPO 2000 RX300 a few months ago. We have both noticed that it has a very wide turning radius. My LS400 can turn much more sharply than the RX300.

Is there some reason why the RX300 can;t make tighter turns? It's almost impossible to get out of a diagonal parking spot in one move.

I don't guess there's anything that can be done to change it...

-- Owner of a 1999 LS400, purchased certified in 2002 and a 2001 RX 300, purchased certified in 2003 For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

Reply to
Top Spin

One of the biggest if not the only complaint that owners have with the first gen RX300 is the turning radius. It has to do with the way they set up the

4WD system and the suspension. This was addressed in the redesign as it has a much better turning radius. There is unfortunetly no fix for the problem
Reply to
msb

That's one of the few things that I don't like about my RX300. It handles nicely on the open road, but parking it in a parking lot is a pain. My RX330 is in for service now and I have an RX330 as a loaner. MUCH tighter turning circle makes it nice to park, but... when I was on the highway doing 50, I changed lanes. The 330's steering wheel snapped back violently beyond the center position, then started ocillating back and forth from left to right similar to the behavior that the "leading consumer magazine" noticed in rating the Dodge Omni/Plymouth Horizon "Not Acceptable". I'm amazed that they didn't notice this on the 330. Personally, I'm happy to have the 300 with the wide turning circle. I wouldn't get a 330. The X5 3.0 (despite the consumer magazine's comments about tippy behavior" and even the Explorer handle more safely in my opinion.

Bob

Reply to
Bobby G