02 1.6 Focus front pads weird?

Cheers Mike .. I'll check it out .. ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Is the mondeo much bigger than the cortina?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I think I can see where this is going...

More to the point, a 1962 Cortina *weighed* 778Kg, a 2001 Mondeo

1299Kg. :-)

Those extra 521Kg would make a big difference!

FWIW, the Mondeo is 457mm longer and 224mm wider than the Cortina.

It's easy to forget how much bigger cars in each sector are getting until you go to a classic car show or museum.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I think I can see where this is going...

More to the point, a 1962 Cortina *weighed* 778Kg, a 2001 Mondeo

1299Kg. :-)

Those extra 521Kg would make a big difference!

FWIW, the Mondeo is 457mm longer and 224mm wider than the Cortina.

In fact, the Focus is bigger and heavier than a Cortina, and I wouldn't like to drive one of those on 165/13s either!

It's easy to forget how much bigger cars in each sector are getting until you go to a classic car show or museum.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Indeed - I remember sliding around a 1.3 cortina (135 or 155/13 tyres I think) on a rainy day and thinking how big it was - I had a rover 213 and a nissan sunny at the time...

Interestingly the engines in the Sunny and the Rover are long since discontinued, the Ka however lives on...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The message from "Tim S Kemp" contains these words:

It's a heck of a sight heavier.

Reply to
Guy King