fault codes

Hi,

Anyone know how to read a fault code on a 99 corsa? Its a 16 pin plug, but I've been told to bridge 5 and 6. Theres no metal connector on pin 6 though. Any ideas?

Failing that, any recommendations in the South Manchester area I can take it to?

Reply to
barry

Some earlier Corsa's with the 16 pin OBD connector, only had a 2 digit fault code. The flash codes of these could be read by bridging pins 5 and 6. Later models with the 16 pin connector, including yours, have a 4 digit code which can only be read by using an FCR. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

4 and 6 are the ones, it will probably give a four digit code.
Reply to
mrcheerful

mrcheerful . wrote on Sat, 05 Feb 2005 17:55:26 GMT:

Hmm, I'm not sure 4 and 6 will be any easier for him to bridge than 5 and 6, if pin 6 isn't connected.

Reply to
David Taylor

. wrote on Sat, 05 Feb 2005 17:55:26 GMT:

I could do 4 and 5 though :)

Reply to
barry

4 and 6 are what my crib sheet says. Are you looking at the socket the right way up? I did a corsa the other day, the socket is vertical, the low numbers are on the left.

mrcheerful mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

aye, it looks like this:

(thieved from soneone else's post)

unless 1 is at the top left. Though I've been told its the bottom left:

Not wished to experiment with bridging them at random as yet...

Which did you do? Assuming the top link, and one being bottom left

Reply to
barry

Your link above shows the correct numbering, but you're wasting your time. It doesn't it matter which way it's numbered. As I said in my earlier post. You can't retrieve the 4 digit P-codes on a '99 Corsa by bridging terminals 5 and 6. Or 4 and 6 come to that. Clue. No 6 hasn't got a connection terminal.

Carry on asking. You'll eventually finish up with the answer you've already been given. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I got a four digit code from a corsa just a fortnight ago, but I can't remember what year the car was.

Fault code was engine knock sensor, seems that cheapo petrol can put the light on! So she is trying good petrol to see if that cures it.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I know that. But mr cheerfull said he got a code, so I was posting him a pic of what the plugs on mine looked like incase he had some way around it. I guess it was a different model.

Reply to
barry

Corsa's go back to '90. The flash codes could be read on some earlier Corsa's with the 16 pin OBD panel. Yours is a comparitively late car as far as Corsa production is concerned. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Most likely the 2 digit code 16, 17, or 18, which all relate to the knock sensor. All 2 digit codes are preceded by the code 12 which should be ignored.. I,e,

12, followed by the 2 digit fault code itself. Mike.
Reply to
Mike G

no, it was 10, 3, 2, 5 Which confused me till I read that 10 is read as 0 !

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

How odd. In that case I have no explanation. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I have just seen the corsa again (on the road) and it is an R reg

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful