£1000 FIESTA or CORSA - which one and any particular faults to check?

Went to view a 98 coupe on a R plate which the Autotrader website alleged was only 40 miles away; however it must have assumed I own a amphibious vehicle, by the time I'd driven *around* the Wash the distance was nearer

80!

Of course, having contacted the vendor and seen the pics I felt obliged to view it, and rather than waste a 160 mile round trip I bought it! In fact it was fairly sound, full Mot and 2 months tax, so I offered the vendor £650 in view of the car havng no history of a cambelt change.

The main dealer quoted £140 all in for this job, so sounds like it may be a feasible diy proposition; anybody done one?

Thanks again to Carl for putting this one up in the frame

Reply to
Steptoe

Cheers for the update, hope it's a good 'un!

Reply to
Carl Bowman