corsa 1000 t reg

My lads got a recurring prob

when hes doing about 40 and puts his foot down

engine almost stalls.

orange engine management light comes on. car slows until he backs off the accelerator pedal a bit. orange engine management light goes off.

Hes had a couple of new bits fitted, but the problem persist. ( i cant at the moment remember what bits they were).

Any suggestions as to whats causing it. please.

Reply to
CapStick

Further diagnosis is necessary with TECH2 (Vauxhall diagnostic tool) to find out what trouble codes are being stored in the ECU, and the conditions of all of the sensors connected to the ECU.

Common problems on these engines are EGR valves and throttle stepper motors.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Following a TECH2 Diagnosis He has had the EGR Valve replaced.

What is a throttle stepper motor?.

Reply to
CapStick

The throttle stepper motor is located on the throttle body, and it is used to regulate the idle speed, under control of the ECU. It has a plunger which moves in and out, acting upon the throttle linkage.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

I thank you for the info and will pass this on to him.

It seems that following the tech2 he actually had not only the EGR Valve replaced He also had the " Idle Air Valve " replaced.

Are we talking about replacing this throttle stepper motor or could it be sticking or something.

Does it work in direct relation to the driver putting his foot down or is it a gadget to control revs.... eg.Tickover etc

Unfortunately the lad is in kent and i am in Cornwall. So i can only pass this info on for now. He visits for Xmas so i can have a look then. Thats why i am trying to gleen as much info as possible at this moment in time.

Reply to
CapStick