Skoda Fabis sdi. Any particular gotchas?

Going to look at one this afternoon. Highish mileage but looks in good condition. I need a low insurance group car for my daughter.

I'm anticipating that it's not going to be particualrly nippy. ;-). Any particular common faults I should look out for?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Gearboxes aren't the strongest in the SDI, so watch out for leaks or whines.

Water leaks from rear doors (easily fixed)

Front subframe (console) bushes are a bit weak.

Engine is pretty bomb-proof, but as you say, no ball of fire.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Thanks. It was a pleasant enough drive and the engine was very civilised. It had had some suspension bush work done at the last MOT but sadly the interior was just too grubby (for my daughter). Would have seriously considered it otherwise.

Tim

Reply to
Tim