1990 Range Rover Vogue SE - rev counter needle "stuck"

They certainly do have something of an attraction about them.

If I didn't already have something like the Passat, I *may* have been tempted. ;-)

Let me know if you need a hand with any of it. Also, dunno if you were aware, but there is a Land Rover breakers not that far from you at all, so if you need any bits, let me know and I'll point you in their general direction.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Well yes, but I think the only reasonable one would be the 300 TDi engined one. And it'll still be a barge.

Will do...

Why would you think that I would need any bits for this paragon of Brit engineering? :-)

Would be handy, there is indeed a list of bits I'd like to have, starting with a passenger side headlight that's not corroded to f*ck.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Mine'll do around 190 miles on 65 litres of LPG..

Reply to
Pete M

AC is standard on the Vogue SE to the best of my knowledge.

Mine's got it, well, all of mine have had it.. I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons why an SE cost £7k more than the normal Vogue.

Reply to
Pete M

Not before 1989.

Snot exactly a complicated system though, it only blows through the face vents for a start.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

No AC here. It was advertised as a Vogue SE but TBH I don't care, I just open the window instead :-).

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Heh.. you *have* got leather I hope :-P

Reply to
Pete M

Nope.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Wanna buy an SE????

;-)

Reply to
Pete M

*No*

Wanna swap the 911 for a non-SE?

;-)

Didn't think so...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Heh, the 911 hasn't moved since July... bugger all up with it, it's just not moved. £9000 if anyone wants it.

The Rangie is up for grabs at £1800

The Capri? If anyone wants to spend a weekend doing a few little jobs, the parts needed are supplied with it, nothing is even remotely difficult.. they can have it for mucho bargain money..

Reply to
Pete M

Strange. I'd have thought they'd have used the same system as the SD1 and this gives you pretty well the same choice of outlets as the heating.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk, Dave Plowman (News) decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Works though.

You get "Cold through vents or vents off".

Reply to
Pete M

{Range Rover AC}

Certainly does. And I don't suppose there's many other cars from 1989 on which the aircon still works like it does on my RR.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

They're called 'Landmark', and they're on the A252 Chilham to Charing road, on the outskirts of Challock, so well within your values of 'spitting distance', and a piece of piss to find.

I've met the owner before - he's a mate of my old boss, and he's well into Land Rovers of all descriptions - seemed very knowledgable, when we were speaking about TDi Discoverys.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Sounds like I may make it there and back on one tank of fuel then.

Indeed it does, thanks.

Reply to
Timo Geusch