Central Locking Skoda Felicia

The passenger side back door is not responding to the central locking on my 1999 Skoda Felicia. Should I remove the trim and check to see if some form of connenctor rod or something is not connecting? Any ideas would be well appreciated. I need to keep this baby on the road for as long as possible!

AC

Reply to
Mr S

My apologies, but you've just made me smile at the concept of former Eastern Bloc Skoda owners considering their car as not usable on the road because one door won't lock :-)

Can you hear any locking/unlocking sounds coming from the faulty door? If so it would be worth removing the door card to check for something mechanical fallen off as you suggest. Next to check would be the voltage at the lock, using a test bulb or voltmeter. Check what voltages are present on the terminals and compare to a working door. If there is a difference, look for a broken connection or wire where the loom joins the door. If the voltage readings are the same on both doors suspect an electrical fault in the locking mechanism.

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

not 2 sure if this is the same as other VAG cars, but there is a compressor which operates the locks via hydraulic pipes. i.e the locks are air operated. if this is the case, look for any sort of pipework that might be split or disconnected.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

mechanical.

if it makes a noise, chances is that the rod had fell off. You can still lock the door manually on the button or the key in that door.

if you need any parts, look up Butts of Baltry, or skoparts.

Past owner of Estelles, Rapid Cabrio, Fav, Fel, Oct...

All the best.

--

Reply to
Neil

Reminds me of when I used to have an Estelle (don't laugh, it never let me down) as a student. The weatherstrip at the bottom of the rear door glass could easily be pulled out, and a wire hook was all that was needed to pull the lock mechanism up. At the same time, you could store bits and pieces in the rear wings at the side of the engine and reach them from under the car! I used to keep a wire tent peg in there for when I locked the keys in the car... on occasions I would use it just for the hell of it!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Thanks for the replies. There is no sound off that door lock when I use the central locking but I can still lock and open the door manually from inside the car. I will investigate the pipe work (if it is air driven central locking) and I will remove the door trim and see if there is anything obvious broken. Then the voltage test.

Apart from that, a great car with great fuel economy.

Reply to
Mr S

Skodas are very underestimated, we do a few Skoda Octavia taxis, they seem to be bullet proof, no problem to service & the parts for them very reasonable.

Reply to
reg

yea, i loved my cabrio, 100% reliable too,

--

Reply to
Neil