1995 renault espace cabin fan control unit !!!

hi

i have a 1995 espace non aircon, td version.

the cabin fan control is not working in all but the last postion (the full force, in your face gale)

is this likely to be a simple switch with resistors on is there more to these controls.

also how do you get to the back of the switch ? the heater controls & air outlet along with a top dash tray all appear to be one peice but i cant locate any screws to relase the unit to check. i have tried prizing gently with srew driver but it does not want too budge so i guess there must be some screws hidded somewhere.

the haynes manual i have is complety useless in this area (i think probably all areas but thats a different problem)

thanks

Robin..

Reply to
robin

My old Renault 21 suffered similar problem. Likely to be the heater resistor pack. Three coils of wire mounted on a circuit board which is (on the Renault 21 anyway) situated within the heater fan motor housing. Above the front nearside footwell, below the glove box. Mended it a couple of times by reconnecting the burned out bits but it kept blowing. Frightening when the car fills with white smoke from under the dashboard coupled with smell of frying electrics. Breakers yard for replacment part I guess. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Mine has also gone in a Laguna. Only works on setting number 4. When my car was in the garage for something unrelated they told me it was a common fault in Renaults. Can't help but would be interested in knowing the problem and fix.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

They all do that sir!

Reply to
Peter Hill

found it steven

its in the fan assembly under the bonnnet.

this has to removed first than you can split the case

cost of resistor is £30 (however another renault garage quoted me £60 for the same part !)

robin..

Reply to
robin

I take it that is for the Espace? Is it easily recognisable? I'll have a look tomorrow at my Laguna and if I can't find it I'll re post on this NG as I think this post will be well buried!!

Cheers

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell