2003 Ford Ka Dripping water from under centre console.

Does anyone know what the small pipe is which is under the centre console of the above stated car. The car does have Aircon which we were using today when I spotted the puddle of water underneath.

Many Thanks

Reply to
Kirky

This is condensate from the air con. Perfectly normal, I expect that it is mentioned in the manual somewhere, it is astonishing how many people do't know what it is and have called the rac/aa out because they have spotted water under their car (from this tube) In the stack of service papers for my wife's car was a report sheet from a breakdown firm: called out to a reported water leak when the car was a just a few weeks old: you guessed : condensate drainage. That owner must have felt silly, especially if they had sat around waiting in the heat for an hour or so.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Many thanks for that. Very helpful :)

Reply to
Kirky

Many thanks for that. Very helpful :)

And 2ndly, ensure you regularly use the AC *all year around* to keep it exercised and gas tight.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..